Connect with us

Uncategorized

FileMaker 17: Customizing Master Detail

With FileMaker 17 comes a variety of new features and capabilities. Watch our video to learn more about customizing the platform’s Master Detail functionality.

6 Comments

6 Comments

1. Dale

December 18, 2020 at 12:30 am

Super helpful! Thank you!

2. Mtro. Benjamin Bustos Carpinteyro

December 18, 2020 at 12:30 am

Thanks Martha! Great ideas! However, in my opinion it will be more helpful to have a "search box" instead of "sort by" button, don't you think?

3. ellisberg

December 18, 2020 at 12:30 am

Martha, I've watched FMP tutorials from all of the usual suspects here on YouTube and I have to say, your style of teaching is the BEST… BY FAR! Your pace is spot on… never too fast, but not painfully slow or disjointed like so many others. You don't burden the audience with inconsequential stuff like your background, development philosophy, evangelizing personal opinions, marketing your firm, etc. I watch these things to learn FMP features and get ideas, and that is exactly what you deliver. Your approach is direct, focused and succinct. That is what most clients (and certainly viewers of these tutorials) want and need. Tell your management that an executive blue chip consultant (think McKinsey, Price Waterhouse, Accenture, et al) thinks you have great skills. Well done!

4. Nathan David Veitch

December 18, 2020 at 12:30 am

Thank you for this video. I really liked the pop-over. This master detail addition really helps. I had built an email solution for my client using plugin's. I tried the master detail to show the emails, and then when the user clicks on the email line, the body of the layout changes to the email, and in no time at all I had an outlook type of setup, and now with being able to attach multiple attachments in email, I don't need to rely to heavily on the plugin.

5. César Augusto Perea Monroy

December 18, 2020 at 12:30 am

Nice Video Martha. It is very simple, clear, and usefull.
    !! Thanks !!

6. Essam

December 18, 2020 at 12:30 am

hey martha, you become a remarkable name in FileMaker Industry , you have been an influencer since you was in mightydata. Hope I can meet you one day at upcoming DevCon to say thank you!